The financial services sector, in general, and the Banking sector, in particular, is highly developed with about seventy thousand branches of Nationalized Banks, Foreign Banks, Co operative Banks, Private Sector Banks and other Scheduled & Non-Scheduled Banks competing in the retail and corporate banking markets.
Since liberalization (1991), during last 20 years, banking has grown in a spectacular fashion and the need for trained manpower has become quite acute.
There was a VRS in Nationalized Banks in 2001 and since then natural attrition and VRS have combined with growth of banking sector and it is widely estimated that the banking sector will require around 5 lac new employees in the next 5-6 years.
With a view to filling the knowledge gap and with a view to making available trained manpower, the BSE Institute has designed this 10 months full-time Post Graduate Program in Banking & Finance (PGPBF).
What you should expect from the program
Post Graduate Program in Banking & Finance (PGPBF) is an intensive program and comprises 10 subjects spread over 2 semesters and a Project. You will get all round knowledge of banking operations, FOREX markets, international trade and finance, bank credit, legal environment of banking and IT systems in banking.
The PGPBF is a unique program due to its subject coverage and due to the highly experienced faculty from the banking sector.
As a first class graduate, in any discipline and from a recognized University/College, you will be prepared to join banking institutions as Probationary Officer / Management Trainee etc.
Skills and Qualities Required
To pursue any career there are skills and personal characteristics that you should possess in order to be successful.
• Appetite for hard work
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to be creative and pen down thoughts in clear, coherent and concise manner
• Good communication skills and self-confidence
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to grow and maintain client relationships
• Ability to think on your feet and react quickly to the changing environment
• Complete knowledge of operations/products
• Awareness of regulatory & legal norms
• General economic & specific industry awareness
• Ability to meet and chase targets
• Analytical bent of mind
• Quick decision making ability
• Ability to convert the basic design into marketable product
• Determine the commercial considerations and risk factors
• Develop models for pricing and profit testing
Disclaimer: By filling this form you are permitting BSE Institute Ltd., and its associates to communicate to you the various products and services offered.